Tuesday 24 May 2011

remember post?

When I started out as an illustrator, many years ago, I was a friend of the Post Office. I could often be seen elbowing old ladies out of the way as I legged it down the road at three minutes to five, desperate to catch the last post so as not to miss a deadline.
These days I seem to do everything by email. Which is why I have spent the day sitting in front of my computer screen waiting for apparently huge, yet invisible tiff files to disperse onto the airwaves, only to magically reappear on the other side of the world several hours later (like I said, BIG files).
I know, it's brilliant. And the old ladies are safer. But it's not quite as much fun.

1 comment:

  1. My oh my, poor Bethan.....that is ALL day in front of the 'puter. The pic of you is spot on!

    ReplyDelete